Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Chatsworth Estate

Boots and I decided to visit Chatsworth today. We were going to look around the gardens but after a walk around the park which turned into a much steeper longer walk than we intended we didn’t. The park was well worth the trip though.

I paused at the bench with the apple

DSC00428

and looked across to Edensor church

DSC00430

which had some sheep in the church yard  - you can see exactly what the one in the foreground thought of Boots.

DSC00433

We walked through the village:DSC00437

.. and up into the fields.

DSC00442

past some deer

DSC00440

A pheasant hanging around in the fields from Calton Houses

DSC00447

and a spring just before Calton Lees

DSC00451

The old Mill

 DSC00453 DSC00456

Along  (and in) the river

DSC00465

And then a fly fisherman

DSC00467

The scenery was lovely but by the time we were heading back to the car I was practically on my hands and knees gasping for breath.  I had intended to look around Chatsworth Gardens but I am going to save that for another day.  Whilst back at Chatsworth I looked up into the hills and noticed:

 DSC00468

5 Comments:

Blogger WeepingCross said...

Fantastic photographs, well done!

7:52 PM  
Blogger Halfie said...

I, too, love the Peak District. Your photos are great, Bones.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Thanks for the photos. Bought back happy memories when went there in March.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Jo Lodge said...

Beautiful photographs. Glad I popped in. Jo x

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Caroline said...

What a super way to spend half an hour now that in John's words I "am surplus to everybody's requirements" reading your wonderful holiday blog... and Boots's of course. Fabulous photos as ever! xx

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home