Saturday, July 01, 2006

Pedometer

I was up bright and early this morning sorting a few things out before heading off to the River Wey to meet some forum chums. The river really is beautiful, the boats rest on it gently and the ducks float around peacefully. I felt completely tranquil - that was until I suddenly realised my sandled shoe was headed for some dog excrement (BLAH!). The stroll along the towpath is beautiful, but it is increasingly becoming a canine lavatory - a factor that severely decreases my enjoyment of walking.

I seem to be able to walk along a towpath for miles without so much of a whimper, but when out strolling with my walking chum I am often heard to proclaim exhaustion after what I am SURE is at LEAST ten miles. My chum invariably announces we have only walked a mile or two - his answer for all walks regardless of lengths. What I wonder is why don't humans have a pedometer area in the brain? Insects (well ants) do!!! Ants use an internal pedometer

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading your Blog, keep it coming.

11:22 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

excellent! I am pleased you are enjoying it!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home