Sunday, September 11, 2011

The saga continues

After not being able to test drive the motorcycle I went off to buy a motorcycle helmet for a fabulous price which marked the turn of my good fortune. The following day I managed to have a test drive and decided to buy the bike along with a top box. I am to pick the bike up on Monday.

On returning home I decided to arrange the insurance. The company answered the phone telling me they were too busy and could thy call me back. I was rather amused to say the least, but I suppose it is better than hanging on phone with a huge queue system being charged a fortune. I eventually convinced them that I was busy too and if I wanted a quote I would phone back when it was convenient to me. With that I went out for a most enjoyable evening.

The following day I acquired a quote. I am going to get more quotes but a computer is required for that. I am told my computer which has been in I.T. hospital is now fixed so I can pick that up tomorrow.

So, the saga? I am meant to finally be back on the road tomorrow, Monday, afternoon when I said I would pick the bike up. 'See you Monday' they said. The problem is, I remembered last night, the motorcycles shop is shut on mondays. SHUT!  It isn't in a terribly convenient place either and I can't believe they are going in on Monday just for me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nev Wells said...

So, for the motorcyclists amonst us what have you opted for ?

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Malcolm said...

Hi Bones

Why are you obtaining new quotations, has you insurance company stated that settlement of your claim automatically terminates your policy?

If it's yet not due for renewal, your insurers should put the replacement bike on the policy, but they are entitled to charge an additional premium if it's a higher group or value than the old one.

Regards

Malcolm

1:32 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

my policy came to an end at the end of August. New bike, new policy. I have had a renewal letter - several infact, from the insurance company who insured the VStrom!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home