Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Great Tew

On Sunday Steve came by so we went for a trip into the countryside. We ended up at Great Tew. We visited the church this time:

 IMAG2004

and the gravestone that really caught my eye when I was up the tower last

IMAG2005

I found the inside quite striking – last time I was here there was a lot of scaffolding. I climbed up it and sat at the very top looking down and around. There is quite a different view now it has gone (and I was standing on the ground)

IMAG2007

IMAG2006 

The church yard has some overgrown areas ‘living churchyard’ they call it – or something like that. It is meant to promote wild flowers and wildlife. IMAG2008

We had a lemonade in the Falkland Arms. I have always liked this pub.

IMAG2010

1 Comments:

Blogger WeepingCross said...

It looks splendid, doesn't it? I wonder if the incumbent still has that amazing 17th-century rectory?

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home