Friday, April 25, 2008

Bones is not a pack horse

I have just been into the dreary spires to do some food shopping for my friends who are visiting this weekend. I spent ages choosing some meat and cheese. I crammed the delicious samples into my rucksack along with my books, wine glasses etc, and started heading back to work. As I got to the lift I really felt for the horses and donkeys of this world. They spend their lives carrying much heavier things - I suppose their ergonomics are better equipped for such activities, and walking on all fours may help, but even so!

Because I am an idiot I forgot to buy vegetables. That is what happens when you get distracted by the cheese counter. I wouldn't have been able to carry them anyway.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe the tops of the stinging nettles will do as vegetables, they taste like spinach,might save another donkey voyage.

Free2live

3:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes if the dogs hadnt peed on them.

12:53 AM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

I am eyeing up the vast quantities of garlic mustard in my garden at the moment, which I'm told makes a palatable sauce (though neither particularly garlicky nor especially mustardy).

Have a lovely weekend!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home