Thursday, April 24, 2008

It is tough at the top

In Oxford, when we matriculate, we are told by the Vice Chancellor we are the cream of the cream of the academic world. I think we can safely say he didn’t realise I was part of the ceremony...

For some time now I have been getting headaches, tired eyes, feel dizzy, a bit sick, and struggle with my concentration. In a fit of peak, after a moment of inspiration, I decided to go to the Opticians to get my eyes tested. You will be unsurprised to hear that I now wear reading glasses. I am long sighted, and can’t see anything within a meter of my eyes. No wonder I couldn’t concentrate at work, I couldn’t see anything!!!

Wearing reading glasses has transformed my life, I can see everything beautifully, the words don’t wiggle around the page, and I don’t fall asleep anymore. A whole new world has opened up before me, and I am delighted. Reading is so easy it is as though someone is reading to me. Lovely.

It has taken me four months ladies and gentlemen to realise I need glasses. I wonder what the Vice Chancellor would have to say about that.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Vice Chancellor would probally say it is ok to have a monicle! and possibly wink with the other eye.

Free2live

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But great your not so tired! what a relief!

Free2live

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vice Chancellor would say "So pleased you can see again!"

Won't be visiting. No wish to scare you.

KH

9:27 PM  
Blogger Moley said...

The Vice Chancellor would probably have things to say about your spelling. Sorry Bones, it's a fit of pique.

7:14 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

mole,. you are indeed right. This is the problem when the education system is run by Eeyore. I am a good student, and hope that by the time I die I will have used the correct number of correct letters required for the communications I have embarked upon. That they are not in the right order is irrelevant.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home