Friday, March 05, 2010

Visual Basic

Why oh Why do I seem to fall into the trap of Visual Basic.

I have fallen in love with Matlab yet I seem to be incapable of generating the desire (or indeed make the time) to re-program my visual basic programs into this more sensible, logical and flexible language. Once again I am left banging my head on a brick wall trying to work out how to make the program better. I have done all sorts of things; moaned at the dog (who says he isn't interested in visual basic and won't ever be. He thinks C++ is the only way forward, but says he is too young to learn it), bent the ear of friends, mumbled at the trees, read the programmers forums and finally, my last ditch of hope, I have even posted on one. I have sat down with my pen trying to change the scientific question I want to answer but I just want to answer this one, not abandon it.

Visual basic has its claws in me and yet it seems to have no other victims.

5 Comments:

Blogger Halfie said...

I used to enjoy writing programs in Basic just for fun. I remember being pleased with one I wrote to "shuffle" a deck of playing cards. I even wrote a (clunky) prime number generator. Sadly I've not done any Basic for years. (Is that the same as Visual Basic?)

FOR n = 1 TO 10
PRINT n*n
NEXT n

10:39 PM  
Blogger WhatKathyDid said...

Sometimes being forced to learn something new is good. Anyone you can find to teach you face-to-face? You never know, you might find you like Visual Basic once you get to grips with it.
If it makes you feel better, I'm just learning to use Matlab at the moment...

9:56 AM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

I've got no idea what any of this means.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are we talking about Visual basic 6 or the latest Visual basic offering?

Not sure what your problem is so I can't help but it does sound like you need to drop VB and move on.

If you would like to email your problem I would love to look at it, being retired and all.

12:25 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Thanks Guys! I have fixed it... there was a stray +1.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home