Thursday, February 18, 2010

In Oxford

A long time ago Jericho Boatyard used to look like this:

17022010298

But now it looks like this:

18022010299

I have a picture somewhere of what it looked like just before it was closed down several years ago, if I find it I will post it.  The hoarding could be so much more imaginatively painted – it would make a great school project!

The moorings have been greatly improved on this stretch of canal. It is possible to get into the bank, and there are rings all the way down

18022010313

The area around the arm has been cut back and thus is much wider:

18022010316

 

You can see from this picture that the hedges have been re-laid.

18022010317

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice painting, but I would think that Jerico boatyard has never looked like that.

Why has that boat got it back doors at the front.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Eli Harriss said...

Heya Bones, if you find any photos of the boatyard during the last few years, please post - would be useful for the Jericho Community Boatyard newsletter what I is supposed to be working on at the moment. For my sins, I've replaced Ali as a Director.............. gah. Love Eli-with-the-gap-between-my-front-teeth

10:28 AM  
Blogger Wozie said...

Is that a winding hole in your photo?

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home