Friday, February 26, 2010

value?

This knocker:

25022010362

is possibly worth more than this home:

25022010361

I can’t walk past the knocker without seeing it, but I did walk past the tent (I wonder if it is home) a couple of times before I saw it.

I learnt a valuable lesson once; you can have a house and be homeless, and you can live under a bridge and not be.  Some people, living under a bridge, chose to live there because it is their home, the place they belong, the place they feel safe, yet they are still homeless. Some people don’t chose it, but have to.

A home, and where we belong, is important but people have an amazing ability to cope and flex in adversity.

What is it that makes something ‘home’. I have lived and stayed in several places. Sometimes where I stay is home, and sometimes where I have lived is not. To have a home is a great privilege.

I wonder what these two think of their home:

25022010363

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

They love it they told me so.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about a door knocker

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Iron-Ring-Door-Knocker_W0QQitemZ360028983076QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Antiques_Architecural_RL?hash=item53d3664f24

Free2live

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Keeping Up said...

It's strange how people think of home in different ways. I am lucky because I have a boat and a house. At the end of each summer when we return to Milton Keynes I think of it as taking our home back to the house, but Debbie thinks of it as going home by boat.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home