Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Paris day 2: Sainte Chapelle and night

After my adventures underground at the Catacombs earlier I decided I would go and look at some light. My friends Caroline and John went to Paris a few years ago and told me about Sainte Chapelle ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sainte-Chapelle) and I was rather taken by the idea so off I went to join another queue.

I thought it was all rather beautiful

The stone work was beautiful
 
I DID like the Chapelle but I actually found the stain glass at Fairford in the cotswolds far more knee bendingly treasuringly wonderful.

I walked past Notre Dame and returned to the world of the underground via a rather small anonymous lift. To say I regretted stepping into it would be an understatement.

Eventually I appeared back into the quarters I was in yesterday.

 

And the view out of my window.

 

1 Comments:

Blogger eeyore said...

Did you take the Aquabus? We had a wonderful time on the Seine hopping on and off for a day.

We were there in July. We must compare notes when you return. You have certainly got better weather. I can't see any puddles in your pictures and when we were there the streets were rivers!

We enjoyed Montmatre. esp L'Eglise de St Pierre de Montmatre and the little cafe, Rendezvous des Amis. We missed out the Sacre Coeur!

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home