Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The River Nene – A Walk with Dad

My dear Pa and I went for a walk along the River Nene. We had hoped to sneak a peak at Milton Park but when the footpath turned into road we turned around and came back again.  Dad did the walk from one page of the map to the other and back again in Gun Boots. I did ask whether they were the best sort, but he said they were better than the ones he wore for his last walk which were 2 sizes too big.  I wore my new walking boots and neither of our feet fell off.  Boots loved his walk.

DSC08328

DSC08330 

DSC08331

I had a lovely day and dad took me out for luncheon which was lovely.  I do enjoy my Dads company, he is very calm.  I was quite surprised to survive one of his walks…the two I remember (one I did on crutches) were gorgeous but very very long.  I have got better at walking over the years and I think today’s classed as one of his ‘short walks’.

Boots spent most of the rest of the day looking like this:

IMAG0336

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

River Neneis wonderful to travel down, however if you to try read sue nb no problem guide and get a companion as the locks can be vicious if the water is high. We are doing lots of bushing on our moorings see you in summer maybe. CarolMark and Fred the Jack Nb Sunrise Hilgay MB Club

10:49 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

I have read Sue's blog. If I ever make it down the Nene on a boat I will take it with me! It looks stunningly beautiful.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home