Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Building a Dam

Just after Twyford Bridge (177) I was told to moor up by some BW personnel. The reason wasn’t hard to spot – BW were making a dam:

DSC06306 

So I took the opportunity to have a cup of tea and take more pictures:

DSC06310

it is scheduled to stay up for one month in order to do something with the weir bit:DSC06311

The tarpaulin stretches half way across the canal under water:

DSC06307

these chaps are trampling it down:DSC06309

With the tarpaulin under the water it would be easy for it to get caught up in a prop which is why one has to follow instructions:DSC06308

I was quite pleased to have made it pastDSC06314

I wonder how long it will last or whether people obey the signage.

1 Comments:

Blogger BigJohn said...

Great piccies, Bones
I agree with your wonderings!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home