Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 1 Picture Book

I left Thrupp at 11:30 and arrived in Heyford at 3:30.

Off we go:

off we go

yep, the nose looks good:nose looks good

Maffi came to do the lift bridge but it was already up so we waved each other off and away we went

maffi

This boat has more solar than any boat I have ever seen – and more aerials!

solar

Caravan lift bridge (left open) and this must be the remainder of the caravan. Mark Paris remembers the caravan in one piece. I would love to see photographs of it.caravan

A feather floated down:feather

And I love this log at the quarry. I have never stopped in this part, but every time I go past I feel a pull to sit on the log and tell a story. I call it ‘story tellers log’. Maybe one day I will:story

I think this boat is striking. I wonder where the name comes from:unlocked

And the bit of the Quarry at Kirtlington that we do stop at.  It is a lovely place to stop and a place full of lovely memories for me:

bonfirememory

It’s a bit tiring:

  zzzz

These reeds are great! I  love the way the light was reflecting on them and the contrast against the trees and sky:

reeds 

And how they looked like an abandoned Mohican when I looked back through the bridge:

reedshair

strangely this reminded me of punting up to Granchester from Cambridge:

 punting

I love this view leading up to Northbrook Lock. There is something about old buildings in fields that I find knee bending-ly gorgeous.

love210borthbrook 

And there was this lovely fluffy cloud at Dashwood:

fluffy cloud

The last lock of the day. Northbrook and Dashwood are my favourite locks on this stretch:

dashwood 

And so to Lower Heyford:

heyford

Where I popped into see the Wren’s  for tea, a chat and a slice of the cake I asked Annie to make for the journey. I admired their cat:

chrisjoycat

Who found my visit exhilarating:

cat

All these pictures were taken with my phone camera because I couldn’t find the charger to my Sony Camera, thank fully I found it this evening and the batteries are on charge.

4 Comments:

Blogger WeepingCross said...

Pretty good for a phone camera! What a superior moggie. Glad you're enjoying it so far.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well done you made good time.

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

o lovely pictures, and thanks for update, good to know all is going well, happy hols

Free2live

8:19 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Looks like you had a great time, and good weather for it! Fantastic stuff, can't wait to go cruising ourselves on the canals in August!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home