Thursday, April 01, 2010

Banbury to Cropredy via Bourton Lock Cottage:

After filling up with Diesel in order to avoid last years diesel antics in Cropredy we set off north in glorious weather and arrived in wind and rain.

Sonflower:

03042010630

And the reason I started my annual trip up to Cropredy: The cottage I was keen to purchase:

DSC06244  

There is now a bigger sign asking people to report suspicious activity:DSC06247

The outside of the cottage hasn’t really changed very much, and if anything it looks a little dilapidated. One can never tell, just by looking, what is going on so I can’t say; it’s clearly not, as predicted, an easy job taking on this cottage.  I did notice that the well is now blocked (which I realise it was lat year, but I forgot!):

DSC06250

Bones and the cottage:

DSC06251

And 8ch following on behind on the last leg into Cropredy.  It began to cloud over at this point, and by the time we filled with water we were soaked.

DSC06261

The old Mill has always attracted me. I think I will go and have a wonder around with Boots tomorrow:

DSC06262

My cold is still persisting but I do feel better today. I just hope it doesn’t turn into anything nasty.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is good to keep up with the adventure. lots of manuka honey! will help the cold to go,

happy hols

Free2live

4:25 PM  
Blogger mjpip48 said...

enjoying reading your cruise great pics hot toddy ( brandy ) will help the cold

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Keeping Up said...

Whisky Mac always works best for me.

Molly & Telford are getting very jealous of Boots having such a good time.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Dave & Chris NB Silkwood said...

Hi
Didn't know you'd been here...
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20100401/tod-skeleton-sits-in-for-copenhagen-s-tr-7f81b96.html

Hope your cold clears soon!!

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home