Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Aynho to Banbury

So here I am in Banbury. It was a lovely cruise up, I passed Piston Broke on their way down and I have to say Paul’s moustache is outstandingly good – if only I had a photograph of it!  I arrived in Banbury at the same time as NB Clarence and was also surprised to see Khyamanzi pass on their way to the Thames, but not as surprised as when I saw them the next day on their way back through Banbury!  The Thames is on red boards, or just off red boards, or about to be on red boards and Andy and his dad decided they didn’t really have the time to get stuck in floods or not make it, so they turned around to head up to Leicester.  8ch and I moored up in the city centre and spent a glorious evening aboard Clarence chatting and nattering putting the world to rights. It was lovely to meet them and hear a bit of their story.

The following morning after a natter to Paddy on the towpath, 8ch, Sheila and I took Lexi (who is a doberman) and Boots off for a walk around spice ball park. After an initial hoo har both dogs ran around having a lovely time.

 DSC06243

Sheila and Derek from nb Clarence are great fun, but I have been getting increasingly more snotty as the days have gone by so I am keeping clear – they have enough troubles with their batteries without having to bury their noses in a box of tissues!

There is a gorgeous boat moored here at the moment called Spider:

The bow is breathtaking:

DSC06235

The tiller designer:

DSC06239  

and the chimney HUGE:

DSC06236

Sonflower popped in yesterday afternoon for a lovely natter.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Spider came past us at Foxton but I was to slow to get a photo. Is she old or a replica, I didn't get a chance to see

8:12 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

its old... 1800s and an old blisworth tunnel tug. I didn't get to talk to the owner (yet) but nb Clarence did. it is stunning. There is a similar looking boat (different bow though) on the Thames, called... Blisworth. I must find out more about that too.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home