Monday, March 08, 2010

Dear Granny and Grandpa

I went to another class yesterday and we are teaching Mum all about ‘giving your dog space’.   She drops the lead and walks backwards pointing at me saying ‘wait’. Then, after a while, she calls me to her and I potter along for one of those things she calls treats. Apparently “wait” means I have to hang out because something is going to happen, why I have to watch mum is beyond me, but I am learning that all mums like to be admired at all times.

My favourite one is ‘stay’.  but stay means I have to stay and she will come back (but I still have to watch her, I am not allowed to wonder off and mind my own business). 

The real trick is when it comes to “wait”.  I wait until she is about to call me and then I twitch and move towards her. This induces all sorts of chicken impressions from mum as she clucks towards me and makes me sit – then we go through it all over again.  I only do it a couple of times, I tried doing it three times but poor mum looks like she is going to deflate and I saw that happen to a balloon once.

Lots of Love

Your devoted grandson

Boots

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boots this is hard work for Mum- I do hope you are not being too norty, learning all about life!

Free2live

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home