Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dear Granny and Grandpa

Dear Granny and Grandpa,
I am very pleased Graham decided I needed to live with Bones - it is much nicer here than there and she is looking a bit chubby so I am planning to walk her to fitness. I think I came just in time! She keeps complaining about her muscles but I keep telling her it is a good pain (thanks for that tip Grandpa, it works a treat!).

Apparently I 'stank' when I got here, so I have been unceremoniously stuck under the tap and shampoo'd - within 24hours of arriving I tell you. It seems to have done the trick, but I need to loose my thick wooly kennel coat soon or I will be too warm.

After my rinse throught Mark and Maffi had some bacon Sandwiches, Mark has a dog called Stanley who is very very funny. I decided I would like to play with Stanley but I have to be on the lead so it isn't very easy. Not to worry though, I gave Mark a 'look' and he persuaded Bones to let me off the lead on the proviso that Mark caught me if I ran off. Pah, like I was going to run off!

We had a great time frollicking around the water point until Stanley had a great idea! We decided to leg it over to the other side of the fence, and when Bones and Mark started to have apperplexi about me running away, we would run back - what a hoot - we legged it onto the other side of the fence, but I hadn't quite realised how exciting it would be over there, so I ran into the yard as Bones clutched her chest and Mark came racing after me, followed by Stanley. It was frightfully exciting as there was another dog in there to play with who worked out that if he chased me I skipped and played and then ran away, then came back. Anyway, it got a bit boring so I came home in the end. What a sight - Bones was pale with big white eyes and sitting in the ivy muttering something about Mark. Actually, when Mark got back he looked quite pleased to see me too.
I think I will stay on the lead for a bit longer - perhaps it is a good idea I learn my name first!

Lots of Love
Boots.

11 Comments:

Blogger D Baynham said...

Hello Boots, could you ask Bones to put a picture of you on her blog please?

10:31 AM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

Apperplexi? I must get you 'Spelling for Dogs', though it's true that 'sausages' suffices for most situations.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Keith Lodge said...

Hello Bones.
My name is Paddy and I am the master on NB Hadar. I keep my guardians Jo and Keith in order. I look forward to rubbing noses with you sometime, we can swap stories.

Woof Woof from Paddy (A rather handsome collie)

1:50 PM  
Blogger Whitewater said...

I suggest that both of you go to doggy training classes/

2:38 PM  
Blogger Pip said...

Hello Boots - my name is Cassie, and soon I will be living on nb Windsong (when it is finished) with my crew, Roger and Pip. I would also like to see a photo of you, as I'm sure that with a name like Boots you must be very handsome. I hope we meet up sometime 'cos I love to play as well.

Big licks from Cassie xx

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good grief sounds like a horror film!!!

Free2live

4:08 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Hi Boots, Like you I've just come to live on a boat. It's much better than kennels isn't it. I like pretending that I'm going to run off as well, there's so many intersting things to look at. Hope to meet up with you sometime so we can play.
Woof, Lyra.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I thought it was me that you love Mortimer? Huh..
love as always,
Muttley

Ps I expect I will play with boots anyway.

6:38 PM  
Blogger John Witts said...

As Nancy Sinatra said: "These Boots are made for walkin'....!"

John and Jackie (Wb Pippin)

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, it is such early days and poor Boots has to come to terms with his new life. Recall takes time, years with our two criminals but is such a delight to watch them run.

Sue recommends "Greyhound and Lurcher Pet Training Guide" by Vivian Silverstein - http://www.livewithyourdog.co.uk/books.html

Unfortunately neither Blue, Lou or I have read it ...

Richard

8:15 PM  
Blogger NB Willawaw said...

Anthropomorphism eh Bones.
That's where it starts..
You'll be collecting for the RSPCA next. Well done on homing the dog tho'

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home