Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dogs on Boats

Many of you will know that I am completely incapable of making decisions... indeed, the decision process over the camera last year was so painful that someone was heard to say 'will someone just buy her a camera!

So when there was a chance I would end up with a dog on my doorstep I decided I ought to think about the possibility of owning a dog very carefully. As it happens the dog in question is going to be staying where it is, which is good news for the dog. Unfortunately the process fanned the fires within me that have for some time wanted a dog.

So, this brings me to a conversation we were having in the local hostelry last night about what I would call a dog were I to have one.

This morning I had an email from my mother, and quite out of the blue by father suggested a name for the dog....

Dad says call it Adam short for A damn nuisance

I think this is hilarious! (but perhaps you have to know my father!)

9 Comments:

Blogger valonia said...

Is a dog wise? Remember, you're not allowed goldfish!

12:37 PM  
Blogger D Baynham said...

I want a dog, but with two 15 year old cats it's a no no, but one day I will have a dog, either a Boarder Collie, Springer Spaniel or a Beagle, or a Heinz from a Dogs home.

Not sure of a name though.

Deefa is nice play...D for Dog.

Though Bob is a good name for a Dog. I have a friend called Ian who lives in Dorset and had a Springer called B'stard, he would go to his shooting club and call him very loudly when shooting and just watch peoples faces...

1:31 PM  
Blogger Bill Rodgers said...

I've always wanted to name a dog "Askem" so when people want to know the dog's name, I'd say, Askem (Ask him) and wait to see if they do.

5:04 PM  
Blogger MissT said...

I think either Spot or Cheese

6:58 PM  
Blogger grey wolf said...

how about bones?

10:17 PM  
Blogger S said...

I was going to name my mythical boat dog Gnasher after our engine.....

7:02 PM  
Blogger Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

How about calling it "Sooner" because it will sooner do what it wants than what you want.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Big John said...

Jackie and I reckon 'Muttley' is a good name, but then , our on-board pets are only virtual at present, which is probably a bit sad....

John (wb Pippin)

9:53 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Cuthbert

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home