Friday, February 27, 2009

Twittering

The Green Man told me about it ages ago, but it didn't make sense. Since then several people have mentioned it, and just when I was thinking I might look into it to see what all the fuss is about, then Granny Buttons wrote about it. AS I was feeling particularly triumphant this morning with some rather splendid programming I managed to do, I thought I would award myself some 'investigation time' and signed up to Twitter (a name that generates images of little yellow birds dancing in trees) to see what it was all about.

I must be missing something, but I really can't see the point of it. It seems to be another website to log in to, to tell other people who you have never met what you are doing - is it really THAT interesting or are we all just so bored we need little things like this to keep us going?

I think I might be missing something.....!

9 Comments:

Blogger Area D said...

Alas, no. I fear you have summed it aup to a tee.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Bottle said...

Hi

I didn't even go there.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Harryman said...

'Twittering' - it's perfectly named. Brevity is its only virtue

8:57 PM  
Blogger D Baynham said...

Ahhh. right don't go to twitter.com use an app. I use IGoogle as my home page with widgets on it, one being Twittergadget it auto updates every 3 or so minutes, so twitter becomes a feed like BBC News etc that way its OK and easy.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Simon said...

hmmm - it may have made more sense when you could choose to receive other people's messages by text, worked for a gang of people at a festival for example.

Otherwise it's just a basic way of updating a web page by text - I set one up to blog the trip when I thought I won't have internet access last summer, for example, but it would have been a very poor second choice...

1:03 AM  
Blogger Andy Tidy said...

Spot on Bones. Twittering seems exactly like the facebook function, which can be interesting because the comments at least relate to your own circle of friends. I cant see the point.

10:14 AM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

I'm told there is a mass exodus at the moment from Myspace to Facebook, but I'm maintaining a growing list of people who are desperate to have me as their pretend friends on the latter. I think they'll continue to wait. As for Twitter, well, when do people find time for a life? I don't have one, and I still don't have time for all that.

3:08 PM  
Blogger valonia said...

It is a procrastination tool for office use only.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You've lost me, why are all my boaty bloggers starting to talk in a strange language? Jill (not Graham-he'll disown me if he spots this comment)

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home