Wednesday, February 18, 2009

LOOOOOOK!

Valonia is extraordinarily talented, and over the time I have known her she has produced some marvellous expressions of creativity see here, here, here and here for some examples.

I have been very fortunate indeed, and Valonia decided to do me a woodburning! What a treat. Mine is done on a bit of walnut she retrieved from Clifton Lock. It depicts the First Person of the trinity from the Sherborne Pontifical which was written at the end of the 10th century in Latin and the Anglo-Saxon. It is thought that the manuscript originally belonged to St Dunstan.




Thank you SO much! I am absolutely delighted with it.

3 Comments:

Blogger D Baynham said...

That is magnificent, if we are ever on the Oxford I may knock on your new hatch to have a closer look.

8:58 PM  
Blogger MissT said...

that is truely fabulous!

9:17 PM  
Blogger valonia said...

Aww, you've been far too nice about me. I'm just happy that you like it (and haven't shoved it on the stove yet... have you??).

xxx

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home