Saturday, February 14, 2009

Sunken Boats in Abingdon

I mostly read boating blogs, but there are a few random ones I dip into, and today I was having a look at This Abingdon. Not least because I was in the Tesco there earlier in the week and noticed the car park was flooding, and the waters rising. Indeed, they rose so much within 15minutes of me being there that there was an announcement over the loud speaker suggesting we might like to finish our shopping and return to our cars before they became submarines.

I thought This Abingdon would have some interesting info and pictures about the rising flood waters, so I had a look. I was saddened to see that one boat is underwater on the meadows, particularly as it was a boat I used to moor near many moons ago, and it had only recently had a refit.

I do hope they owner is OK. I purchased my yellow dinghy from him last summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home