Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Boaters Banter Bank Holiday Monday

Something I like about the canal world forum, is not only the expertise and assistance one gets, but also the fun and laughter that goes with it. As with all 'internet' things, forums are places where people can throw their teddy out the pram and act without consideration for the fact that there are real people behind the weird names. Despite the agro there is a lot of laughter, if you chose to join in, and with that you start to get to know the people for who they are - boating nutters. There have been a number of Banters over the last couple of years, the first was in Surrey and a huge success. About 8 of us met up and chatted like old friends, introductions were not necessary, and there was plenty of banter. It was fun, and I met some great people. At all the banters I have been to since I have been able to put more names to faces, and it really is like meeting people I have known for years.

This Easter I decided I would take a trip up to Napton on the boat, and to encourage me to get there rather than stop in a hedge somewhere and read, I organised a banter. It so happens that Napton was an exceptionally convenient and popular location for the banter. There were 7 boats by Saturday evening, and lots of fun already. On Monday evening more of us gathered together in the bridge pub for a meal. Again I thought there would be about 8 of us again, and then it turned into a party of 20, and finally last night when it all happened there were 30 of us.
A wonderful evening, thank you everyone for turning up, and to those who came early, it was a really enjoyable way for me to relax, and lovely to see so many happy people! I loved it, and I don't think I was alone!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great time - and lots of cake! I'm much too sauvage to be allowed out in public, but I appreciate others doing it :-)
- Carrie

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks to you for organising it all - was a smashing evening, even though I had to leave so early.
Sue

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home