Saturday, April 07, 2012

Day 7

I actually slept! I woke up throughout the night, each time delighted as I really felt as though I was waking from a good sleep. I celebrated with a slow start and pulled the pins at 9.45.

I had a lovely cruise from Lower Heyford to Thrupp and caught the Narrow Boat Trust up at Shipton Weir Lock. It was interesting seeing them get through the lift bridge. Last time I saw them they tried to go around in one swoop and got it all rather wrong. This time they breasted up and prepared themselves before opening the bridge and going through. This seemed to work better than last time so I expect they went off feeling quite pleased. They are volunteers after all and it must be fun working out the best way to do things and work out how it might have been done in the past.

I moored on the water point and Maffi took over his boat and I returned to mine.

I moored up ready to change the gear box and do some boat work and then shot over for a lovely BBQ gathering. I do like it when we all get together.

I have really enjoyed being on Maffi's boat with it's running hot water, washing machine and general lack of jobs to do on board.

It is good to be home and after 7 days boating.

I have some photographs but imcany access them as my computer that reads them is at work!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Nice to know you are safely home again.
Suel

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bones,
I wonder whether you saw this article in the Oxford Mail. I should think you might have more than a passing interest in the subject!

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/9629462.There_s_no_bones_about_THIS_history/?ref=mr

Adrian.

2:44 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Adrian,
I hadn't seen it. Thank you for drawing my attention to it!
Bones

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home