Thursday, June 02, 2011

Shopping

Today I am being profoundly unproductive and despite staring at lots of things nothing is going beyond my retina.  Subsequently I decided I would go for a walk. I thought, as I strolled into town that I might go shopping.

Earlier in the year I was ‘shopped’ and Elizabeth and I changed my entire wardrobe to cover all potential events. At the weekend, however, I realised that the “summer garden parties” section was empty.

So, summer garden parties. After much tearing out of hair an outfit has been settled upon; a dress, a HUGE hat and some girl shoes.  Despite not being terribly good in a skirt (the last attempt to wear it in public was vastly more successful than previous attempts, but I did get stuck on some passing scaffolding) I am sure a dress will be much easier to handle – after all it is firmly strapped in place. 

I did not find a dress.  Nor did the shop that is MEANT to have size 9 girl shoes (I have never fitted into girl size 9, they always seems to be a bit smaller than a size 9 for men(which I can only wear with thin socks)). The hat shop however was in tact and raring to go. I marched in really looking forward to trying on some HUGE hats. Straw had been mentioned but when I arrived I noticed that straw is yellow. I was not in a yellow mood. So, no hat.

A wholly unsuccessful shopping trip but I do have some new vest tops (GAP was having a 25% sale) which I don’t need. I also have three books that I don’t need.  I also had a coffee which I did need because the waiter had a killer smile. Unfortunately a friend sent me a rather amusing text so some of my coffee ended up over the table when I laughed.

The books are a hit.. sort of. I have been waiting for a book on a particular artist to come out. When I saw a  little book on Velazquez to come out I was delighted – about time thought I… but the ticket says it was published in the US in 2006 but I only just found it.  The problem is, it isn’t Velazquez that I was waiting for… it was actually Zurbaran!!!! 

Clearly not my day today!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Roger Smith said...

The sizing of shoes is arcane, I got so fed up with it I got foot measures from ebay (ladies is still wrapped). Anyway according to this you need a 10.5.

Women's sizes are almost always determined with the "common" scale, in which women's sizes are equal to men's sizes plus 1.5 (for example, a men's 10.5 is a women's 12).

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Wiggins said...

But just think how much money you've saved...

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home