Friday, May 20, 2011

Whose Eyes, Time and Space?

Yesterday I said “It is only through the camera’s eyes that I am reminded how splendid it is” and this morning I stood at looked at this:

IMAG1389

and I was reminded that although it was me that sees through my eyes the view is the same regardless of who is looking at it.  Today I was looking through some pictures and I came across this again. DSC08005

It captured me and transported me through space and time to the picture where I stood in that place with Boots.

It was incredible.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bruce in Sanity said...

"the view is the same regardless of who is looking at it"

That's one point of view ;-}

But there are a lot of others, philosophical, psychological and theoretical physical that say the the perception is a consequence of the interaction of the observer and the thing observed. Since you are never the same observer from moment to moment, that's why you can't cross the same river twice...

Cheers

Bruce

5:16 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Exactly! That is the point.

Often we think about the perception psychological philosophical, the interpretation, the observer but we don't often think about the thing.

On this occassion I was thinking about the thing.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home