Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Minimalism in the sharp area

It will come to a shock to anyone who steps on my boat these days because it is still quite cluttered, or as I like to call it ‘full of treasured things’ but compared to a few years ago (my friends will agree) it is positively minimalistic.  I wrote some time ago about  how I wasn’t a minimalist but a maximalist.  In fact it was as long ago as 2007. Since then I have been de-cluttering.  I have been looking at things with two attitudes 1) am I ready to let it go and 2) do I really need it.

Yesterday I was reminded, when it sprung out from it’s hiding place on top of my mah-jong set at the bottom of, at the back of… underneath in…, that I had something else I didn’t need; a beautiful knife. It is far too sharp and beautiful to be of any use on the good ship so this evening I returned it to the person who gave it to me.  I am sorry to see it go, but I think it will be pleased to be back home.

I do love knifes, but I much prefer to admire them from afar. There is no need whatsoever for me to be in possession of them. It’s weight, blade and pattern was beautiful.

DSC09577

DSC09578

DSC09579

DSC09576

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home