Friday, July 04, 2008

Support of Friends

Decision making is not my forte, and thus I am rather surprised at my response to the burnt out cottage. Perhaps it is because it is a ruin; I do love ruins. I have had several lines of support from the people around me - here are my favourites:

Miss T and A pie eater speaks said they would give me their wheelbarrow

The lovely cleaning ladies (and Nathan) have already moved in

Weekend working parties have already been organised!

The Weeping Cross was terribly keen to buy the place for me, but on checking down the side of his sofa he realised he didn’t have enough money.

I have been highly amused by the responses from one of my lovely friends down south, who isn't so keen on my boating lifestyle - she has jumped at the possibility that I am investigating bricks and mortar... I wonder if she has seen the pictures yet!

I am also getting some sensible advice as well which has led to several discussions with the planning department and conservationists in the area, in addition I am trying to get some advice from people who have done a project like this befopre. Taking on such a huge project isn't everyone's cup of tea, and blind optomism like mine doesn't get one very far without the reddies to support it. Indeed, I have heard people say the property is over priced, then that it is a fair price, and some even say it is totally pointless being just four walls and no land, no supplies and no access. Indeed, I have heard many things said about my boat, but people still seem to want to come and visit!

It is very difficult to think of bricks and mortar in the current climate; perhaps now is a prime time to purchase such a long term project, or perhaps I will find myself with a ball and chain rather than a dream. All I can do is follow my nose, and if it works out I will take great delight in putting a grand piano in the front room!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get down to Napton ottom Lock and have a word with the couple that have bought that. They are doing loads of work and they don't have any road access, they have to cross the bottom lock to reach it as the other access is owened by th Folly as I understand it.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home