Monday, September 17, 2007

Painting in the wind and going for a swim.

Painting in the wind is not a good option! I am now the proud owner of an appalling paint job on the roof, but I am not at all bothered because it was fun doing it, it looks FAR better than before, and at least it will protect the steel work!



I managed to get one coat on before luncheon with Miss T, Adam and Lorna, and then we headed back to the lock to get a lift up the river to my boat. Some kind hire boaters obliged - they were excellent company for the short ride!

When we moored my boat up Maffi went up the front to manage the rope and fell in:



After a quick snooze, Tony and Mo from Elemiah stopped by - it was lovely to see them again after so long (I am using Tony's old sink in my bathroom). Mo cooked a delecious trout supper and we had a fabulous evening chilling out!

4 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

You ate trout after all that roast beef and yorkshire pud? I am half impressed, half appalled....

2:57 PM  
Blogger MissT said...

I feel rather guilty as I did fed Maffi quite a lot of red wine at lunch time....

2:58 PM  
Blogger WeepingCross said...

I see what you mean about the creamy roof - though it looks more pinkish than yellowish. A lovely photograph though!

7:29 PM  
Blogger kim & jim said...

Good photo of dad :)

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home