Monday, January 15, 2007

Marina Life

I have just read a fabulous post about marina life on one of the blogs on a forum I read. The author is quite right in her rant about marina life and it IS like living in a car park without decent views. The boats in the marina I am in tend to remain moored up during these winter months as the river in flood with fast moving currents that neither I, nor the others, want to contend with. The major benefit of the marina is its safety - for the boats and for the residents. I wonder if our marina is unusual in the fact that most of the narrowboats there are taken out and about frequently. Only returning to their home mooring when necessary.

3 Comments:

Blogger flatplane8 said...

The Thames is certainly running high and fast, so we're all tucked up in our marina. Can you let me know what the link was, sounds like an interesting article. :)

5:24 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

check out the canalworld blogs...

5:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hadn'tthought about the state of the river. Maybe I need to revise my plans.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home