Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thursdays Tips

Duvets
This winter has been delightfully mild so far, with only a few cold snaps. However, in the night between 2 - 4 I still get quite cold - despite endless thermal tops, longjohns and a jumper. I had been using my sleeping bag as well as my duvet, but this really isn't ideal, and in a moment of inspiration I realised I needed a second duvet. I am now toasty warm. I have a duvet underneath and a duvet on top and I am totally toasty all night through. It was my grandmother who told me I needed as much underneath as on top to stay warm.

Freecycle

If you haven't discovered http://www.freecycle.org/uk/ then you must. It is a fabulous system basesd on the idea that one mans rubbish is another mans treasure. I have found some super items including a perfect boat sized wicker basket which will fit under the basin in my bathroom. Not only that, but I have already had takers for some things I want to get rid of. Fabulous.

Laughing

My other top tip for the day relates to maintaining a successful relationship. Do not laugh uncontrollably when your partner quite uncharacteristically makes a rather obvious DIY suggestion as if they have just solved the problems of the world... or at least only do so when they have a funny sense of humour too! This could have got me in a great deal of trouble last night, but it didn't!!!!! My beloved is top.

2 Comments:

Blogger John and Fiona on nb Epiphany said...

Hi Bones, have you checked the Tog rating of your duvet? we use 9 and 4 Tog duvets together in the cover giving 13 in total and it is really cosy!
Underneath we have a quilted mattress cover.
Fiona

6:52 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Mort'

You've sorted your duvet problem by the sound of it, however, if you get the chance,nip to your local ASDA, go to their bedding section and purchase one of their flannell duvet covers (usually come in a set of cover, sheet and 2 pillowcases all in a flannell bag), Very, very toasty indeed

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home