Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Off and Away

I moved away from the noisy neighbours and had lovely neighbours on one side, but then some other lovely people came and moored on the other side.  Surrounded by friends – it doesn’t get any better does it.

IMAG2041

I am scattering the pins on Friday and heading off again. This time for an epic two day journey (the usual 30minutes by car) to the wilds of the Thames and then on to unchartered waters (for me). 

It is so long since I single handed the Thames that I had to have a practice single handing through the lock the other day and everything, predictably, came flooding back to me.  I am rather looking forward to it.

I am rather looking forward to it. I gather it will rain for the entire time which doesn’t bother me, but I am eagerly watching the river status AND the wind status, both of which could impede progress.

It looks as though I won’t be making it to the Braunston Historic Boat Show this weekend but as the highlight, amongst highlights,  is seeing the crew of Chertsey I will see whether I can catch up with them some other time.  I love hearing about their antics and seeing what they have been up to.

3 Comments:

Blogger Penny Schenk said...

Rowan was recently moored in our area, what a beautiful boat she is.

4:46 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

she is isn't she. A real eye catcher.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I entirely agree :) (might be a tad biased) x

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home