Monday, March 26, 2012

Banbury to the dark place

The arrival of two friends marked the departure from Spice Ball park, through the things necessary to get to the waterpoint for the neceesary exhange of goods for the passage south. Tom was substituted by Lucy who came hurtling in from the right and we were off. Boots and I set off walking to Grants Lock but our walk was curtailed by this lift bridge which I have never seen down.  Boots and I sat and waited for the good ship to loom into view before we unceremoniously hung for our lives to open it.

IMAG1489

Getting Boots back on the boat can be quite interesting and sometimes desperate measures are called for. In such an event it is important to ensure that both creatures (human and canine) have the same facial expression.

BootsBones

We threw ourselves at Lucy who was sitting peacefully on the front.

Allan and I took it in turns to steer/lock while Lucy and Boots maintained position on the front keeping a look out for all adversity.

IMAG1498

Aynho was beautiful as usual.

IMAG1494

and I was quite surprised at the Algae leading up to Heyford Common

IMAG1502

I even had a moment to sit on the front of the boat and look cool. Yes folks, this IS my idea of looking cool.Bones

A glorious boating day.

We moored up somewhere dark.

The following morning the day went brilliantly until I came out of the last lock.  The gear box seems to be misbehaving. It was so sudden I am hoping that it is the cables rather than the actual gear box, but I didn’t have any time to look yesterday because I had to make room for my new piano.

YES!

 

PIANO.

Woo hooooooooooooooooooo.  My dear neighbour has PROMISED me she will sing out of tune at ALL concerts to ensure my piano playing sounds fab.

3 Comments:

Blogger Halfie said...

I look forward to the recital. Shall I bring my recorder? Or just my voice?

Hope you get the gearbox problem sorted quickly.

2:43 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

ear plugs!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh goody. You play the piano and I will play my violin and we can empty any venue in an instant!

ps you haven't ended up with my piano that I gave away on freecycle by any chance. Lovely piece of walnut furniture no good if you wanted to learn anything new as you would never be quite sure you had hit the correct note!

Kath
nb Bobcat

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home