Monday, October 24, 2011

Dear Granny and Grandpa

It has been very exciting in Thrupp because Jan and John arrived on their Narrowboat Shadow and made us smile.  After afternoon tea at Annie’s John and Jan said they would go for a walk and suggested we went with them – Mum gave them some tips on places to go  and put them on a lead – well, it was the end of my lead which I thought was a bit odd, but I completely understand the need for a lead so I smiled sweetly showing them how to stand. Then mum said fair well and walked off – but  she forgot to take me home with her!!

I suppose she was worried that they would get lost so instead of her holding my lead, I had to hold theirs!  John is scared of dogs so I was very gentle with him.  Here is a picture of us both that I pinched this off his blog

Boots Halfie

You can see how well behaved he was – he was standing nicely at the end of the lead and didn’t pull too much at all.  Sometimes we even had the same expression:

boots3

John also like to have a good sniff at things so we were able to stop whenever I wanted to and he was quite alert (as you can see from the picture).  I was really pleased with him. We walked everywhere and I was absolutely exhausted when I got home.  John has a lot more stamina than Mum and as soon as he suggested another walk I absolutely insisted that Mum let me inside so I could go to bed. 

A wonderful time.

Lots of Love

Boots

1 Comments:

Blogger Halfie said...

I am not as frightened of dogs as I used to be - and, as you say, Boots, you were indeed very gentle with me!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home