Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday Picture Book

I had a lovely evening last night full of fun and laughter in the Plough at Wolvercote with a fine mix of individuals. This morning I pulled the pins and headed south. 

Boots and Molly love sitting on the roof when we are going along. Molly is short enough to fit under all the bridges and Boots is lazy enough to lie down all the way. As we set off they always seem to stare at me as if to say ‘come on, we are waiting’ and Molly pointedly looks at the front of the boat as if to say ‘we still aren’t moving’

IMAG0043

There was a bit of ice… the pleasant chinking ice

 IMAG0048

This back door is rather splendid:

IMAG0051

and I have always admired the front:

IMAG0053

Cascade still captures my eye:

IMAG0050 

as does this boat:

IMAG0055 

I am now moored in peace and quiet. Boots will like it here as there is a good place to run and a lovely walk or two.  We went for a walk up the towpath after we moored up and he has been asleep ever since… so I may have to wait a while to go exploring!! We were moored and walked by midday and the rest of the day is to be spent pottering and thinking.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andy Tidy said...

Sounds like a good day to me Bones

6:03 PM  
Blogger Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Don't you suffer from train noise there?
The boat with the front conservatory, I think I saw that at Bulls Bridge about 15 years ago and liked it then.
The stare windows are "interesting"

6:51 PM  
Blogger Nev Wells said...

The world does not do enough thinking.

Enjoy your thinking Bones,

Nev

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home