Tuesday, November 30, 2010

That Truck

Almost two weeks ago I was going to work and a truck was in the way, it reversed out of they way so I could get my bike out, and then while I was waiting it reversed over me. Fortunately Maffi was around to shout to make him stop (he wrote about it here)

It was an accident.

I limped around for a few days and Maffi kindly went to get a new brake lever which I fitted last Wednesday. I took the bike for a spin on the Thursday but it didn’t seem right so I had it checked out by the bike shop on Friday. It turns out the not seeming quite right was actually the ABS kicking in as it was a little slippy under-wheel.  Reassured everything was O.K. I telephoned the offending truck driver and he dropped the money for the new lever over this morning.

I could have sued him perhaps, but I didn’t see the point and I don’t think he will do it again.  It should never have happened, but I have made enough mistakes in my life to ‘let it go’.  Besides, there is enough bad in this world and spreading a bit of good doesn’t hurt anyone.

truck

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

had it happened to Maffi, of course, well... ;-)

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so pleased you are ok Bones

Free2live

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had it happened to Maffi he would have probably done what most people would have done.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home