Wednesday, March 10, 2010

gear box: no vrrrrmmmm after all!

I went back to get water today and found that the gearbox was a little temperamental in the backwards direction so I didn’t go anywhere; not in this wind!  I cant work out what the problem is. I did wonder whether it was the control lever itself but I am pretty sure it isn’t. The lever on the gear box moves backwards but doesn’t kick in, and then when it does kick in it is often half hearted and the prop meanders around, then after a twiddle and a poke, a shuffle and a twist it will kick in. This suggests it isn’t the control lever (I wondered whether it was twisted and somehow pulled it into neutral for reverse).

I shall have to sleep on it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

You have got the correct oil,both amount and grade? As for sleeping on it,you may be better off with the bed.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home