Sunday, November 22, 2009

Fixed

Oh dear. The things I thought needed doing, do. But the reason the engine wouldn’t start was much simpler…

I called the RCR this morning and they sent out a lovely chap called Ralph Kitts who came all the way up from Watford. I left him in the engine room for a matter of moments and the engine fired into life.  He cured the problem with a small squirt of Easy Start in the fuel intake.  I then noticed a dangling wire – the connection on the heater plugs had come away from the wire – no wonder if wouldn’t start!

I still have the intermittant problem with the starter solenoid where it clicks and doesn’t roar I think it needs to come off and get cleaned up.  I am going to have to stop avoiding the engine and start giving it the TLC it deserves.

Many thanks to Ralph and RCR. My engine is roaring and I am sitting in my arm chair nursing a lemsip and croaking at anyone that visits.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My mummy always rubbed Vic onto my chest! Jill says if she was there she would make you boiled eggs and soldiers.
get well soon

8:02 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

I am armed with vic and lemon and honey. The boat must stink but I can't smell a thing!

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home