Thursday, August 06, 2009

I don't get it

The mooring tender system is meant to be fair. If that is the case WHY do I keep seeing Agenda 21 moorings coming up in the same place? This section has been empty for years, then a few years ago a mooring there came up, then a few years later another, then two in two months. Isn't that drip feeding the moorings?! It all seems strange - not to mention the moorings I have noticed that have been empty for sometime.

A couple of people I know enquired about them, the first time BW didn't know they existed, and the other person who enquired a week later was told they would be tendered.

I still haven't seen them come up, and that was a few weeks ago now.

I am not particularly bothered, but I find myself getting more and more disillusioned with the tendering system. As yet I can't quite put my finger on it, but I am sure I am not alone.

Don't get me wrong, I am not having a go at BW, I am puzzled and a bit confused. I am almost inclined to throw my hands in the air and say what does it matter, but that isn't the attitude is it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous grahoom said...

This new one seems to be EXACTLY the same as the one that was tendered before. I contacted BW and was told that they are only allowed 40 boats on Agenda 21 - I've not done a count, so can't say how many are moored on the Agenda 21 sites at the moment.

I've also emailed to check to see if this is the same one that was up for tender recently, as in the advert it looks exactly the same spot. If it is the case it's the same one then I have to wonder why no-one who went into the tender process got it.!!! i'll keep you posted.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

I wonder about all BW long term moorings. Opposite the Blue Lias at Stockton is almost empty, and when we went that way last the top of Hatton was the same

9:58 PM  
Blogger Bruce in Sanity said...

I reckon the tendering process has achieved very little that's positive, at the cost of leaving a lot of moorings vacant whilst the process grinds through.

Hopefully BW will eventually be able to abandon this relic of neoliberal market ideology, and go back to giving the local manager the job of organising the moorings in the way that works best for the local situation.

Cheers

Bruce

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home