Friday, July 24, 2009

AGH - he is dead... NOT

It was the end of a long day, I had dawdled home, parked the motorbike admired the scenery before popping in to make sure Maffi was OK. His engine was running, and the doors were open so I knew he was home. I called - no answer. Strange I thought, so I made my way into the boat, down the steps, over the washing, through the study and as I looked up there on the floor were two legs (I couldn't see the rest of him).. I paused. He has died, fallen, collapsed, or all sorts of other unimaginable things one doesn't want to think about before supper. I paused.. how the HELL was I going to get him out of the boat and onto the bank, did I call the ambulance or the police first! Regaining my composure I slowly made my way into the bathroom to find Maffi lying on the floor. with a big grin on his face, he had diagnosed the problem with his lavatory - a one way valve.

It would appear Maffi has finally decided to fix his lavatory. It has been playing up for some time and finally gave up the ghost along with his Achilles tendon. I don't know whether you have ever tried to be on a boat without a lavatory and unable to move very far, but if you do end up in such a circumstance make sure you are in a splendid community. On the first day Dusty visited and before he could say anything Maffi was in the car giving directions to the pub for the lavatory. The next day St Timmy of the tea rooms picked him up and took him to the lavatory and the tea rooms. Then he had surgery, and today his daughter is driving all the way over from the west country to take him to the lavatory I mean visit.

Funnily enough Maffi has spent a day talking about his valve and how it needs taking out. He has given me good instructions on how to do it, but made it sound as though he is talking it through for himself. He pointed looks at the loo, and every conversation seems to involve a valve of some sort...

Oh dear..I hope this isn't a good Samaritan calling! Perhaps I will put a cushion in the bathroom and some screw drivers so he can sit comfortably....! A sign on the door that says 'I am not dead, just lying down fixing things' wouldn't go a miss either.

In other news the operation went well. Himself is home with his leg up eating pain killers.

4 Comments:

Blogger MissT said...

Great to know that the op went well.

The sign is a good idea, but what if he expired while fixing things?

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss T simple, on the note jsut add or R.I.P

Free2live

12:06 PM  
Blogger eeyore said...

Never mind 'Good Samaritans' knocking on his door, Bones, be a 'good neighbour' and fix his loo. We want to know all the dirty DIY details when you're done!

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish him well from me!
Mary P

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home