Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Neighbours

I rather like neighbours, and I particularly like mine this winter - PJ and Maffi. Our three boats are probably everything anyone wants in a boat. PJ has the power tools, Maffi's has the electricity, and I have the ... erm... table for supper, and the projects to keep us all out of trouble of an evening/weekend

Maffi has a new boat all shiny with all the mod cons and electric to supply them; PJ has a shiny boat too - but he has a proper engine and a TV with DVD (great for video nights!)! Mine is at the bottom of the pile for shine and modern stuff, but it is far more fun than either of theirs.

As you know my water pump isn't working, and this has repercussions on electrics and hot water, but I won't be going without! When I first had my boat I didn't have any electric, water, gas or heating, and it was a rather tough way of life aboard - but I did have the opportunity to share the facilities of a house dweller, which certainly eased the pain.

What is striking about boat life is how quickly ones comfort can go to pieces, and it is this that people forget about when they move aboard.

Not only that, but trust amongst neighbours and friends is important too. My bank card has snapped in two, and thus my shopping abilities are zero, but Maffi has come to the rescue.

If I didn't have the community I have around me, living on the boat this winter would be tough, as it is with the neighbours I have, I can see the funny side - and so can they!

Thanks Guys.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Me? Come to the rescue! What am I a knight in shining armour?

1:49 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Yep, I think you might be.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And in real life?

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home