Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Bones is Tired.

On Monday night I didn't sleep a wink - literally. For some reason I just couldn't settle, couldn't sleep and even stretched out in bed resting was getting the better of me. By Tuesday morning I really was quite doo lally, it is a most unpleasant experience. On Tuesday day I didn't sleep and struggled to get to sleep last night, and awoke this morning feeling seriously drunk! A most disconcerting feeling at any time of day. I hope I sleep enormously well this evening!

One of my techniques for drifting off, or settling, is to run a scenario through my head in the most minute details. I find I get sucked into the dream world and out of the awake world in a suitably satisfactory fashion. I have the strangest dreams full of wonderful details, and it is rather like being in the cinema. Something I have observed is that as I drop off to sleep my imagined world topic changes tack completely, but the attention to detail remains.

Having used my engine room re-designing to send me off into snooze land, I am looking forward to being awake enough to build it. I have a wonderful design, I just hope the amazingly good woodwork required to design it is a skill I have acquired over the last few days in my slumber.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwww:( hope you sleep tonight, and find you awake refreshed, and rearing to go on new designs

Free2live

10:10 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

I read recently that if you can't sleep, a good thing to do is to count backwards from 300, and that almost everyone who does so is asleep before you they get to zero. It worked for me the one time I tried it.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Halfie said...

Radio 4 in my ear usually does it for me. But I always wake up when that wretched "Sailing By" music comes on at 0045.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home