Saturday, April 05, 2008

Halfie, lights wine and steam

I have been poorly for the last couple of days - a dreaded cold which always goes to my chest and always renders me useless. I do sound good though - if Barry White sounds are good?! Maffi is moored along side at the moment making lemsips on demand, I was rather pleased when he said he would stay for a bit; my loo needs emptying, and the day I decided to do it is when Muchos Vomitous decided to visit! BLAH.

Mr and Mrs Halfie came to visit yesterday, him and his wife came bearing gifts - a circle of LEDs which are more efficient that the light I got from UltraLeds and a 20th of the price, and a bottle of wine to share. I really enjoy people dropping in, and it has been good to meet Halfie at last. Their idea of a holiday is quite remarkable - they did 600locks and 900 miles once - they did have 9 weeks to do it in, but even so! ( Halfie is currently writing the trip up on his blog)

Today I am trying to get better very very very quickly, as I want to attend the steam plough AGM. I have had to forfeit the exciting trip around SE Davis yard at Astwood Bank, one mustn't over do it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh not nice being ill, lots of TCL needed. and I am sure MANY boaters will come to the resue!!!

Free2live

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home