Friday, December 07, 2007

Who was it that banged their head?

The world is strange enough, but when you have concussion it gets stranger. I am not sure who in this house has concussion... I came down the stairs and saw my mothers glasses on the window sill, then found her wondering around looking for them. Then, I went for air (all of 1minutes worth) and came in to find her vigorously stirring a cup of hot water; she forgot to add the tea bag.

Maffi is lighting the fire, and folding the paper into all sorts of peculiar shapes more suited for a Japanese competition than a fiery offering in tranquil England.

My sister has a patient sitting at the bottom of her stairs.

Yesterday the door bell rang and my dad went to answer it. He came in with a huge bunch of flowers and gave them to mum saying they were for her from him. Had I not seen the label with my name on he would have got away with it.

My concussion - my dad had to get out of bed in the middle of the night to remove 5 wasps from the curtains which turned out to be dead and not going to devour me in the night. Other than that I am lost and a bit confused. And if this post makes any sense then I am on the mend. I can't help but think it is everyone else who has banged their head!

I think I shall go and look at my flowers and go for a lie down.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Picture yourself in a boat on a river,
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly,
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.

Cellophane flowers of yellow and green,
Towering over your head.
Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes,
And she's gone.

11:22 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

thats lovely.

=o)

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what Paul Macartney thought. When he came round.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Get well soon Mort

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home