Sunday, December 02, 2007

Moles

Yesterday I went to visit the Moles from CWF in their *house*. I was very disappointed to discover it is above ground rather than a series of tunnels throughout the county, but I soon recovered after a coffee and a sit down. Ben and Victoria watch the television from time to time, I couldn't quite work out what the programs were about, but I did notice they tended to watch programs which had people or creatures with the most amazing hair.

In the afternoon we went off to visit Moles boat, he has put a lot of work into the boat sorting out the rust, stripping it down and putting everything back - it was lovely to see it in the flesh! Home via one of the most delightful shops on the planet where I bought Maffi his birthday present for tomorrow. I would rather like it myself, I hope he likes sharing!

The Moles can definitely cook and I was completely spoilt all weekend with the most delicious food including black pudding, duplings, and cake. YUM. Victoria...Sponge cakes made and decorated by Victoria herself. I recommend them.
Cheese and Port sent me to sleep and I gently pushed myself into consciousness then headed home.

A thoroughly relaxing and peaceful weekend amongst a group of people who are entirely lovely, and a bit quirky - in their entirety and together. I felt quite at home.

I have been looking for a temperature sensor thing to put on my calorifier so I can tell the approximate water temperature, the Moles gave me one of their spare ones. I LOVE being given things, and I was totally overwhelemed with delight - I did resist throwing my arms around Mrs Mole and spinning her around the room, but it was difficult! Ben did his paper round during the torential rain this morning and froze. When he got back and looked settled he held my new temperature sensor which read 18.5 degrees C. No wonder he was Chilly - Victorias fist took it up to 32.5 in no time! Breakfast (a veritable feast) warmed Ben up and fueled my fire.

The Moles are fabulous; I could quite easily have moved in (AND they have a piano!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Moley said...

The Mole should perhaps point out for the benefit of other readers that the TV programmes were those Japanese (manga?) cartoon animations, the delightful shop is a proper old-fashioned little hardware shop where you could almost certainly find fork'andles, Ps and 'ose, and that the black pudding, duplings (why the silent 'm'?) and cake weren't all served together.

"Entirely lovely and a bit quirky". I approve whole-heartedly of that description. Of course, that description could be applied to someone else, and is probably why the mole loves Bones.

It was a most excellent weekend, thanks for making the trip. What's more, you even have an open invitation to come again.

3:31 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

ooh you shouldn't say things like that just before Christmas!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Halfie said...

Thank you, Bones, for drawing my attention to the amazing story of the MoleMachine. I read Moley's account of his transforming his boat at almost one sitting. What an inspiration! Or, more likely for me, an example of how talented some (other) people are in the DIY department, and a gloomy confirmation that I'll never get anywhere near that standard (I thought biscuit cutters were the frilly-edged round things in the cutlery drawer).

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home