Friday, November 23, 2007

Quill Pens

Every time my pen needs sharpening I take it to my parents house, and my father wields his special cutter on it. When I have worn a feather out, I am awarded a new one - it takes quite a while to wear a feather out, but it is a proud moment when I drive home with a new feather!
Relying on my parents is no bad thing, but sometimes it is a while before I will see them again, and my Quill sits in its stand (through a camels eye) waiting for my trip. Weeping Cross sent me a good link on how to sharpen your own quill, so for all you quillers out there, here it is

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh - ye olde anciente arte of quille cuttinge... (funny how you can make any words look olde by sticking an 'e' on!) I used to get kids in my art lessons to bring in feathers (full of yummy germs), interesting sticks, wire, old toothbrushes, bits of bone etc to use to draw with in ink. Great variety of lines and textures. Drip wax in there, singe the paper in places ... a health & safety nightmare in the offing. Great fun but probably just as well I left teaching!
- Carrie

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home