Sunday, March 04, 2007

Spiders

I am sitting on the sofa looking down the boat with this view:



On the far right wall I have a cross with some fake spiders web around it and a lovely fake plastic spider perched in it. However, it has been pointed out to me, that there isn't just one spider, the one and only one I put there, but two:



The second spider is dead, and I have no idea how it got there. It looks perfectly tranquil until you have a closer look and you can see that his abdomen has burst. Apart from said disruption he is totally intact.

The second spider adds a certain finesse to scene, I shall take great delight in pointing it out to guests over dinner.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which spider is which?

12:48 AM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

I think the real one (the small one! - although I may tell guests the big one is the real one!) does make the other one look quite realistic too - I am delighted with the addition!

8:35 AM  
Blogger JT said...

Your real spider may have been got at by an Ichneumon Wasp! (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichneumon_wasp). There are many species some large, often very tiny - but most of them lay eggs in spiders or insects (many catapillars are prey to them)...the baby ichneumon grubs eat the creature from the inside and then bust out one day, the lovely things, before pupating and then flying off as an adult "wasp".

I'm sure you wanted to know this!
From your local bug-geek.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home