Monday, November 06, 2006

Progress: Bathroom

I am now sitting rather uncomfortably having torn my trousers, and filled the sofa up with tools and wood. On Saturday I tackled the bathroom and just about emptied it. I took down the pink fake tiled cardboard type stuff, and much to my delight I discovered insulating behind it covering some steel in perfect condition.
I made it to the timber yard this evening and picked up some 9mm ply which I have banged, shoved, squeezed, sworn at and prayed over as I used my ultimate knowledge of DIY - brute force and ignorance, to position below the gunnel. I have some more to do above the gunnel but I shall get some help to do that - another pair of hands will make it easier to keep in place and limit the number of times it bangs on my head.
In the process I have cut my finger, a minor ailment for the amount of triumph by the achievement.

Next (other than learning how to spell) is to sort out the shower. I couldn't get the previous hipbath out of the room so decided to saw it up and use it as the shower tray. I can almost hear some of you groaning in disbelief - but do not be dismayed, it will be a huge success - I can feel it in my bones!

Oh yes, I threw out the loo which has added to my discomfort. I am rather overjoyed that I have no sink or shower to wash in! What a wonderful excuse to fester for several weeks until the job is done.

3 Comments:

Blogger flatplane8 said...

Didn't realise you had a blog, good one!

I'm also about to refit my bathroom, or at least replace my toilet, so it'll be interesting to see how you go! :)

11:07 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

Thanks!

What are you going to put on your walls?

12:05 PM  
Blogger flatplane8 said...

Walls are already good - a mixture of tiles around the shower and varnished T&G.

Maybe not what I'd have chosen myself, but it seems well attached, so I'm going to leave it for now.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home