Friday, October 27, 2006

Good News and Failed Supper

Today has been amazing! For a few days I have been eyeing up some logs that seem to have been abandoned on the road. Today I went up to the nearest door to ask if they were just delivered or waiting for removal, and if the latter could I have them for my fire. It turns out they had just arrived, but the lovely lady insisted that I took some and filled my boot up with a ‘couple of logs’. I arrived home and one of the boaters here has recently replaced a couple of blinds, and wondered if I would like the old ones. I accepted prompto! I am thrilled they thought of me – what a treat!

I have a couple of people coming for supper this evening and the pudding has turned into a complete disaster – meringue roulade has become egg white mouse with lumps. – I think I must have whisked the egg whites too much. Not only that but the main course looks rather unappetising! My beloved is in charge of the starter but I have just received a phone call announcing the need to rescue that from the brink of the compost heap. I normally don’t mind failed suppers, but unfortunately I don’t actually know this couple. I was overcome with a need to see them again when I met them for the first time, and insisted they came for supper………. Oh dear, it has all going wrong!

Just writing this has made me see the funny side – it is rather like a comedy sketch. I do hope the dinner guests have a) eaten first and b) have a good sense of humour!

1 Comments:

Blogger S said...

Hello again - just been catching up and wanted to say how much I like your blog ...

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home