hole in my stove
So I fixed the hole in the stove by cleaning up the back plate thing
That was a right fiasco which involved having to bandage my finger!
The wire brush got banished and the drill became new favourite toy.
I couldn’t find my vice to clamp everything to drill it but a pair of mole grips and the mooring ring seemed to do the job
The drilling was slow as my drill bits are blunt but it got there in the end.
I was rather interested in the comments from the passers by. One tried to tell me my drill bit was a wood drill bit. I tried to tell him it was simply blunt but he wasn’t having any of it. I went inside for some fresh air and when he had gone I went back to the job in hand. Before anyone questions me again it really was a metal one, and it really was blunt!
I tested the fire – the bit I fixed kept the smoke in – shame about the other bit of the fire I thought was OK! So I fixed that, and then the next bit.
I will test it proper with some heat when I am home this evening and with any luck that will be the end of that for another few weeks until the cold weather sets in.