Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Quarry and Devon

We had a brilliant day out at the quarry a few days back.  The time passed so quickly and the fire burnt so brightly.

P1020430P1020429

In no time at all it was time to come home. I sauntered up the back to start the engine and nothing happened.  It seems that the starter motor needs a bit of TLC.  A gentle tap with the hammer got us home, the starter motor was removed and I packed my suitcase and headed for Devon.

And so, there we were in Devon amongst the topsy turvey houses resting along side rivers lined with trees and hills. Yachts bobbed around nonchalantly lapping up the sunshine. It was a glorious place to be.

P1020439

P1020447

a ride on the steam train

P1020457

a trip to the beach

P1020502

and a meander up to Wistman’s wood – where we stood listening to the cuckoo.

P1020531

Dartmoor is stunning and I absolutely loved it.

The starter motor is fixed and after a test run I am going to start my rather delayed summer jaunt. I still haven’t done any painting preparation and I really do need to get stuck in to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger R. Hawkins said...

Glad to hear that your starter motor problem was fixed quicker than mine. They're still trying since Saturday.
Have a good cruise.

12:33 PM  
Blogger MortimerBones said...

I am really fortunate to have a friend that was able to do it. He turned it around in less than 4 days! I can't believe how fortunate I am. I hope yours gets fixed really soon!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home